Planet Parker

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Politics and Aesthetics


Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, according to the old cliche. I know that I am hardly an oil painting myself, but if I were Irish Finance Minister Brian Cowen I would seriously consider plastic surgery. He looks like a pig and he has a personality to match. Just look at him, and I haven't touched the photo. I'd have loved to, but I feared that any alterations I might have introduced could only have ended up improving it.

Tonight I nearly brought up my tea (a really tasty dish of marinated pork chops), when I saw him on the telly sitting beside that crook Ahern. He talks a lot of shit but it looked as if he hadn't wiped his lips since the last time.

Politics shouldn't be a beauty pageant, and while not all politicians can be as good-looking as Baldy McDowell those of more questionable aesthetic qualities have a responsibility, nay a duty not to pollute the nation's airwaves.

Readers of my blog may well be aware of my musings about figures in the public eye with criminal demeanours. Well, the shot of Biffo and the Barrow-boy was like a still from a 1940s B&W film showing a pair of miscreants who have finally realised that the Feds are on to them.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home